Like Us

Friday 13 July 2012

Hot Hollywood Actress and Model Jennifer Lopez Confirms She Is Leaving top TV Show American Idol - World Box Office News


Jennifer Lopez said Friday that she's also departing the Fox series after two years as a judge.


Lopez shared the news on "Idol" host Ryan Seacrest's radio show.

"I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do, I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do. We had an amazing run" she told Seacrest

In an interview with the host of AI and radio show, 'On-Air with Ryan Seacrest', she told him, "I really was dreading this phone call with you." Lopez explained to Seacrest that she had been neglecting other areas of interest specifically for her co-judging gig on AI. Apparently, being a judge on the show is a daily grind. The singer said she was working everyday toward AI's success.

Seacrest, whether jokingly or not, offered to be J. Lo's assistant so she could have more time for other projects, but it was not an option. Lopez has made it official that she will not be returning for another season.

“Little by little I’m making up my mind,” Lopez, 42, told Today’s Natalie Morales during a Thursday chat discussing her role in Ice Age: Continental Drift. “I love everybody, I love the guys [Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler and host Ryan Seacrest], but I am thinking it’s time for me to go and do other things I love to do like films.”
From left, Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Ryan Seacrest on “American Idol.” Mr. Tyler and Ms. Lopez are leaving the show.
Currently on a summer concert tour with Enrique Iglesias, the mom of twins says she’s eager to return to the projects she put off when inking a one-year deal with Idol in 2010. “It’s a huge decision, but I have to say there are so many things I do that I put on hold for that,” Lopez reasoned. “It’s a heartbreaking decision if I have to go.”


She added, “I dread a conversation like this and you’re going to make me cry. I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I put on hold because I love Idol so much. You have a lot of other responsibilities and you have a lot of other things you do. And you have to pay attention to that, too. I could keep just doing Idol for the rest of my life but that would be giving up a bunch of other things. I just feel like we had an amazing run.” 

 


Dancing with Top stars and American Idol ‘s Past Winners Details


It became definitive Friday. “I honestly feel like the time has come, that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I’ve put kind of on hold because I love Idol so much,” she explained, replying affirmatively that her decision was final. ”I just don’t know if I can be there every single day all the time, the way I’ve been doing the past two years.” Lopez, who will be touring this summer with Enrique Iglesias, said the decision wasn’t made amid feelings of malice.


“It wasn’t ever playing any games or doing anything or wanting more and more money. It wasn’t any of that, it was just a real — being smart about making a business decision and I had to really be responsible in that moment,” Lopez said about the discussion she had about making a deal. After the interview, her representative confirmed the news of her departure to the AP and Ryan Seacrest tweeted: “she’s made up her mind…will leave idol.” While it’s still unclear who will take her chair or Tyler’s perhaps an infusion of new talent can boost the show’s slumping ratings, which declined by 23% last season.


No comments:

Post a Comment