Like Us

Sunday 2 October 2011

Prateik Babbar Say's: My Bollywood journey is slow and steady


My Bollywood journey is slow and steady: Prateik Babbar


In the backdrop of playing second fiddle to lead actors in various flicks, actor Prateik Babbar is keeping his fingers crossed ahead of the release of his first solo project as a protagonist 'My Friend Pinto' slated to release on October 14.
Prateik, 24, who won critical acclaim for his debutante performance in 'Jane Tu...Ya Jane Na', candidly admits that his Bollywood journey is "slow and steady".
"I feel my journey in the industry has been slow and steady. Though I am inexperienced but I am still curious and eager to do work. I love and enjoy what I am doing. I like playing different characters. I want to do good work..something that audiences enjoy," Prateik said in an interview.
Prateik, son of actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar, made his Bollywood debut in Aamir Khan Production's 'Jaane Tu..Ya Jaane Na' in 2008. His portrayal of Genelia's brother in the movie won him plaudits and earned him several awards and nominations.
He next appeared in Kiran Rao's critically acclaimed 'Dhobi Ghaat', which opened to positive reviews at film festivals worldwide. Prateik played the role of Munna, a migrant from Bihar living in a slum who dreams of getting a break in Bollywood as an actor.
He played roles of a collegian in Rohan Sippy's action-thriller 'Dum Maro Dum' alongside Abhishek Bachchan and
Rana Daggubati and that of a student in Prakash Jha's 'Aarakshan' rubbing shoulders with Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone and Manoj Bajpai.
Prateik is apparently enthusiastic about Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'My Friend Pinto' which is his first break as a lead actor opposite Kalki Koechlin.
"I am completely taking the responsibility of the film on my shoulder as a lead actor. I do feel the pressure...but it is fun and exciting pressure. But it might turn other way round if the film does not do well," Prateik said.

No comments:

Post a Comment